Search This Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Today was a great day! Have you ever been called some one's angel? Well today my husband text me that I was his angel and some other things that I won't repeat:)  SSSSHHHH! Marriage talk...or is it Pillow talk?
I learned an amazing life changing fact today about my faith in the Lord. I learned from Charles Stanley that when our desire to obey the Lord is stronger than our attraction to sin, we will know at that time we are making progress in our spiritual life. Have you ever felt like your walk with the Lord is stagnant and that you are not growing as much as you'd like? I have on many occasions blamed my church leaders for not "feeding" me enough good spiritual food. When in essence the responsibility for me going from babe to mature believer is entirely up to me.  As I get older (48), I realize that my increase in years does not equate to maturity in the eyes of God.  As I go after God with all that I am, then I know that as the years pass and my love for Him grows and my obedience towards Him deepens, then and only then will I see my umbilical cord drop off and my developing spirit begin to soar to new heights.  Like a child who is dependant upon their parents to lead them in a way that is right, I am dependent on my heavenly Father to help develop my character and allow me to grow to my full potential in Him. I do realize however, that I will not completely grow up until I am perfected, but in the meantime, I am determined to be an adult in my spiritual life and not crawling around on the earth waiting for someone else to pull me along. I needed Hebrews 5:12-14 today!
Aside from my epiphany, I took my two youngest  out to the park and "made" them power walk 2.5 miles with me! Hooray for mommy! They were panting harder than the dog, but they did it even though they moaned and groaned half the way around! I am so proud of them. My youngest daughter is a lil' pudgy and I realize it is my responsibility to feed her healthy foods and get her the exercise she resists.  Since I home school the kids, it is difficult outside of structured sports teams to get them the activity they need. I do have them enrolled in Karate which is great but they need more physical fitness. Unfortunately, as a home school parent I am not entitled to participate in PE within the school system I live in but boy oh boy do they take that school tax out every year! Crazy, huh? I pay school taxes  but can't utilize any school activities! Go figure! I say I should be allowed something for my bucks?  Enough venting for now. I will close by saying may the Lord grant you His peace, wisdom and in site into the mysteries of God through His glorious son, Jesus Christ!..

No comments: